One of the most anticipated Nintendo Switch games of the year – Super Mario Odyssey – is finally coming out.
The scoop in the twiterverse has it that Oct 26 is the day. This means we finally get to see what the fuss is all about.
The anticipation has been compounded as some game review outlets gave the game near perfect scores. We will find out if these pre-release reviews are over hyped, or is the game really that good.
— Nibel (@Nibellion) October 17, 2017
If memory serves me, the only other Mario game that got this score was Super Mario 64 (awesome game by the way!!).
One perfect 10 is in (EDGE), and expect more reviews at 6am Pacific Oct 26. Any more Metascore predictions? GOTY?https://t.co/QiSDF7S0it
— metacritic (@metacritic) October 18, 2017
This tells you something (or another) about the much anticipated Super Mario Odyssey. We all know that reviews are subjective, but leaving all the conspiracy theories aside, I guess the only option we have for now is to wait until the release date and actually play the game – 40 hours of play time to 100% the game?? – then we can actually judge the game.
But you know .. the best rumoured thing about Super Mario Odyssey is:
Even if you die with no coins in Super Mario Odyssey, you don't Game Over. That's excellent.
— Douglas (@TheRarispy) October 18, 2017
Until Oct 26, stay calm and if you haven’t done so, don’t forget to get your hands on a pre-order copy of the Super Mario Odyssey game on Amazon.
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Mario embarks on a new journey through the unknown, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine
- Jump out of the Mushroom Kingdom on a journey through mysterious places and new experiences whilst sailing between worlds aboard an airship
- Find something interesting? Toss your cap at it and see what happens! There are lots of fun and surprising ways to interact with your surroundings
- Compatible with the Nintendo Switch only
- Explore huge 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and lots of ways to interact with the diverse environments - such as cruising around them in vehicles that incorporate the HD Rumble feature of the Joy-Con controller or exploring sections as Pixel Mario.
- Thanks to his new friend, Cappy, Mario has brand-new moves for you to master, like cap throw, cap jump and capture. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies!
- Visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
- A set of three new amiibo figures* - Mario, Princess Peach and Bowser in their wedding outfits - will be released at launch. Some previously released amiibo will also be compatible with this title. Tap supported amiibo to receive gameplay assistance - some amiibo will also unlock costumes for Mario when scanned!
- Use captured cohorts such as enemies, objects, and animals to progress through the game and uncover loads of hidden collectibles.
- Thanks to heroic, hat-shaped Cappy, Mario's got moves that'll make you rethink his traditional run-and-jump gameplay-like cap jump, cap throw, and capture.
- And if you feel like playing with a friend, just pass them a Joy-Con controller! Player 1 controls Mario while Player 2 controls Cappy.
- This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, plus exciting new kingdoms to explore.
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) Content Description: Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief
- Prime Video
- Prima Games
- Prima Games
- Edition no. Pck Har/Ps (10/27/2017)
- Hardcover: 336 pages
- SUPER MARIO DESIGN: Complete your child's bedroom set with this colorful bedding set featuring the popular character Mario and friends from Nintendo's popular video game Super Mario.
- REVERSIBLE PATTERN DESIGN: Comforter features large character imagery on one side and an allover character logo print on the reverse side making it easy to change the look of your child's bedroom.
- SOFT PREMIUM QUALITY: The soft and inviting texture of the high-quality microfiber material keeps kids warm and cozy for a comfortable night's sleep. The cuddle pillow features a plush polyester fill.
- FUN AND COZY BEDDING: Make bedtime more fun with this bright and colorful Super Mario bedroom set. Young gamers will love to cuddle up with their favorite Nintendo character and parents will appreciate the quality and style of this premium set.
- TWIN SIZE SET - ITEM INCLUDES: 5 piece bedding set includes one fitted sheet measuring 39" (W) x 75" (L) and fits 10-12" deep mattress, one flat sheet measuring 66" (W) x 96" (L), one standard pillow case measuring 20" (W) x 30" (L), comforter measures 72" (W) x 86" (L) and cuddle pillow measuring 23" (H) x 7" (W) designed to fit a standard twin size bed.
- Pre-Load: Download the game now. Playable on Dec. 7.
- New stages and fighters are joined by the combined rosters of every past Super Smash Bros. game
- Challenge others anytime, anywhere, whether you're on the couch or on the go
- Play any way you want-locally, online, in TV mode, Tabletop mode, Handheld mode, or even with GameCube Controllers
- Fight faster and smarter with new and returning techniques, like the perfect shield and directional air dodge
- Prime Video
- Prime Video
- Prime Video