Finally got to see the movie. So, welcome to the Good/Bad/Ugly spoiler free review of the Lego Ninjago movie.
Let’s start off by viewing a quick trailer (you will get to know why I did this first).
If you’re looking for something fun for your kids. It has a really positive message about learning to look at things through somebody else’s perspective and forgiveness.
On top of the fact that the Lego Ninjago movie had a really positive message, I didn’t even feel like there are any adult/dirty jokes that kids won’t get (looking at you Disney). I didn’t really catch that sense at in this movie.
So I think for the kids they’ll really enjoy it. For the adults though I don’t know (might be missing the adult/dirty jokes??).
Jackie Chan doing the voice work was awesome, especially the live action scene, where Jackie Chan himself appears in the movie. I also thought Justin Theroux did a really great job voicing this character so like that was the fun thing.
Clean movie + great message + Jackie Chan + Justin Theroux = Good
Each of the ninjas I thought were ok. I mean nothing special there but nothing that stood out at all. Although they all did a good job, for some reason, they had a Power Rangers flavor to them.
Come to think about it now, the ninjas were all wearing multiple colors and they were calling on their big machine/dinosaur things. The only thing that was missing was them combining together to form one big Lego Power Rangers super character!!
So, if haven’t really watched much of the Lego Ninjago series, you might feel like doing so after watching the movie. You will get to see how the ninja characters are waaaaay different than how they were played out in the movie.
Lego Ninjago Ninjas looking like a Power Ranger wanna be = Bad
If there was anything disappointing about the movie is the fact that a lot of the in-movie jokes and climactic scenes were already used up. You would’ve already seen them in the trailers.
The funniest joke in the movie (in my opinion) is in the trailer!! The scene where Lloyd (single L) takes off his ninja mask and he reveals his identity to his dad. And then his dad is like the Lloyd is that you …and is like that’s right I am your son. Every time I would see that scene in the trailer I would laugh hysterically. So by the time you get to the movie and you’ve seen that scene five or six times it loses the climactic impact. There were also a lot of jokes and a lot of funny moments in the trailer that when I was watching it on the big screen it’s like oh I bet that would have been funnier if this was my first time seeing it. This made me feel weird. I felt like I was watching the trailer again!!
Watch the trailer in this post and go see the movie, you will get what I mean.
Using best material in the trailer = Ugly!!
Overall, in my opinion, this movie gets solid B. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great.
Comparing all the 3 Lego movies, Lego Batman is #1, then the Lego Movie (everything is awesome) is #2, and then comes the Lego Ninjago movie at #3.
Images courtesy pinimg.com, telegraph.co.uk
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Warner Bros. (09/22/2017)
- Prime Video, PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Running time: 101 min
- Jackie Chan, Justin Theroux, Dave Franco, Michael Peña, Fred Armisen
- Build your own Fire Mech, complete with opening minifigure cockpit, posable arms and legs, two non-shooting fire blasters with translucent fire-style elements, two shoulder disc shooters and more
- Featured in THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE
- Includes 6 minifigures: Kai, Zane, Lauren, Henry, Hammer Head and Jelly
- LEGO NINJAGO brick building toys are compatible with all other LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Fire Mech measures over 14" high, 4" long and 8" wide
- Prime Video
- Prime Video
- Quake Mech features opening minifigure cockpit, posable arms, gripping fists, fold-up shoulder 'loudspeakers' with 4 'soundwave'-shooting flick missiles on each shoulder, and big wheel with stabilizer
- Includes 5 minifigures: Cole, Misako, Crusher, Mike the Spike and Fred Finley
- Weapons include Cole's hammer, Misako's bow and arrow, Crusher's fish sword and Mike the Spike's fish spear
- Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE scenes with this cool toy for kids suitable for ages 9-14
- Measures over 12" (33cm) high, 6" (16cm) long and 11" (30cm) wide
- WarnerBrothers (12/19/2017)
- Blu-ray, PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Jackie Chan, Dave Franco, Michael Peña, Abbi Jacobson, Fred Armisen
- English, Spanish
- Includes 5 minifigures: Garmadon, Zane, General #1, Steve and Four Eyes, plus a shark figure.
- Garmadon's Volcano Lair features an entrance shaped like Garmadon's face, Garmadon's throne room, computer lab, construction zone, drone launchpad, orange lava elements and blue water-style
- adon's throne room features a big seat, teapot and pot elements, fish tank with 2 fish elements and a weapon rack with arrow and sai weapons
- Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE scenes with this building toy suitable for ages 8-14
- Measures over 10" (26cm) high, 12" (31cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep,Computer lab features a computer keyboard and screen elements, mini piranha mech prototype and a coffee machine with cup element. Construction zone features a rotating crane to lift the shark figure, a wheel-operated exploding wall function and a flick missile
- Build a mech with 360-degree rotating minifigure cockpit, 6-stud rapid shooter and 4 posable legs!
- Featured in THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE
- Includes 4 minifigures: Nya, Kai, Puffer and Shark Army Thug
- LEGO Ninjago building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Measures over 7" high, 11" long and 11" wide
- Prime Video
- Destiny's Bounty features 3 levels (top deck, Wu's dojo, mid-deck/hull), double-headed dragon figurehead, Wu's bedroom with bed, a bathroom in the hull, dojo with a scroll, training dummy and weapons
- Includes 7 minifigures: Wu, Kai, Lloyd, Zane, Nya, Jay and Cole. Ages:9-14. Pieces - 2295
- Weapons aboard Destiny's Bounty include the laser-style pointer, 4 golden sais, katanas, crossbow, black stone warrior sword, 2 golden shurikens and an Aeroblade with golden blades
- Accessory elements include 3 books, a broom, shovel, big telescope, handheld telescope and 2 fishing rods, Vermillion armor, Garmadon's skeleton helmet, Anacondrai skull helmet, letter to Misako
- Destiny's Bounty measures over 17in (45cm) high, 21in (55cm) long and 6in (17cm) wide