Coffee lovers are in pursuit of the elusive perfect cup of coffee. That first cup of coffee you have in the morning can set you up for a great day. To help you get that perfect cup, it’s important to have the right tool – the coffee maker.
Coffee makers come in different sizes, colors, and prices. They even have different names and are used in different ways. Some are used over the stove top, some use pods, and some use pressurized steam to make you a cup of coffee.
So, which of the coffee makers out there should you get?
Let’s start with what features are you looking for and should consider when shopping for a coffee maker.
Things like waking up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee, how much coffee you brew, how fast do you want it, whether you’d like to adjust the coffee’s strength, how many parts does it have, how easy is to handle and clean are some of the features you need to take into account when shopping for a coffee maker.
Another thing worth noting is that in the real world a regular cup measures 8 ounces but for coffee machines a cup is typically 5 to 6 ounces. In fact most of the coffee mugs probably hold 10 to 12 ounces. So keep that in mind when doing your measurements and checking out the capacity of a coffee maker.
You can spend way more money on a coffee maker that has lots of special features but you will find that some of the most basic coffee makers still make a decent cup of coffee.
You’ll want a machine that brings the water to the optimal temperature to make the best brew. Ideally, the coffee maker should bring up the water temperature to between 195F (90C) and 205F (96C) degrees and holds it at this range for 5 to 6 minutes.
You don’t want a machine that’s hard to fill or use. When you’re desperate for that first cup make sure your machine has a pause and serve feature.
With the basic features out of the way, let’s jump into the “types” of coffee makers. A quick search on google reveals a whole bunch of them. There is the regular pot, french press, single serve, grinder/brewer, percolator, espresso maker, and the list goes on the on. Confused, don’t worry, you’re not alone!!
Luckily, the folks at Everyday Good Thinking provided a very useful and easy to follow guide. It clearly outlines the number of cups, how to operate and the name of different coffee makers out there.
This should allow you to narrow down your choices to the correct “type” of coffee maker that will work out for you and fulfil your coffee brewing needs.
With this knowledge you are ready to create that elusive perfect cup of coffee.
Image courtesy everydaygoodthinking.com
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Note: Box model name is K55 but product inside contains K40 model.
- State-of-the-art technology to ensure hotter Coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold Coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour Programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep Warm temperature control
- Gold tone, commercial style Permanent filter
- 4 LEVEL FILTRATION SYSTEM - We use double stainless steel screen filters on a durable plunger supported by a spring loaded base plate to seal the edges, followed by a final top lid strainer to give you a pure brew with no grounds unlike other cheap presses. Perfect to make fresh French coffee, tea, espresso or even cold brew.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY MATERIALS - Every single metal piece is 304 grade stainless steel giving the coffee press a resilient shine and protecting it from rust. The large carafe is made of thick borosilicate glass that can withstand boiling water! It is also portable and small enough to fit in a travel bag or backpack, making it easy to bring on camping, hiking or backpacking trips, outdoor activities, or to work or the office.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - If anything happens to your original Café Du Chateau french press coffee maker or accessories, no need to buy another. We will send you out a replacement for FREE. We take delivering ultimate customer satisfaction personal. We are here to serve you with our lifetime warranty!
- BPA FREE - All individual materials on the cafetiere surpass food/drink grade quality requirements with certified lab tests to back it up. BPA free plastic lid strainer, 304 food grade rated stainless steel, thermal resistant borosilicate glass pot (8-cup, 34oz). Also features a unique modern European design beaker housing that adds luxury to any kitchen.
- DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE PERFECT BREW - At Cafe Du Chateau, we go above and beyond to satisfy our customers which is why you get a detailed coffee brewing guide and brewer manual to accompany your coffee presser, giving you the best tasting coffee or tea in the palm of your hand. Also makes a good gift!
- New and improved filter with fine mesh
- Makes 8 Servings
- BPA Free
- Non-slip silicone handle
- Made in the USA
- Coffee is measured in 4 oz. cups, this 8-cup, 34-ounce French Press serves 2-3 people
- Carafe is made of durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass; BPA free Plastic handle and base. Both Dishwasher Safe
- 3-part stainless steel mesh filter helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors
- Pressed coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the bean for the maximum amount of flavor from your coffee. It's the preferred method for brewing for coffee enthusiasts everywhere
- All parts are dishwasher safe