Coffee lovers are in pursuit of the elusive perfect cup of coffee. That first cup of coffee you have in the morning can set you up for a great day. To help you get that perfect cup, it’s important to have the right tool – the coffee maker.
Coffee makers come in different sizes, colors, and prices. They even have different names and are used in different ways. Some are used over the stove top, some use pods, and some use pressurized steam to make you a cup of coffee.
So, which of the coffee makers out there should you get?
Let’s start with what features are you looking for and should consider when shopping for a coffee maker.
Things like waking up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee, how much coffee you brew, how fast do you want it, whether you’d like to adjust the coffee’s strength, how many parts does it have, how easy is to handle and clean are some of the features you need to take into account when shopping for a coffee maker.
Another thing worth noting is that in the real world a regular cup measures 8 ounces but for coffee machines a cup is typically 5 to 6 ounces. In fact most of the coffee mugs probably hold 10 to 12 ounces. So keep that in mind when doing your measurements and checking out the capacity of a coffee maker.
You can spend way more money on a coffee maker that has lots of special features but you will find that some of the most basic coffee makers still make a decent cup of coffee.
You’ll want a machine that brings the water to the optimal temperature to make the best brew. Ideally, the coffee maker should bring up the water temperature to between 195F (90C) and 205F (96C) degrees and holds it at this range for 5 to 6 minutes.
You don’t want a machine that’s hard to fill or use. When you’re desperate for that first cup make sure your machine has a pause and serve feature.
With the basic features out of the way, let’s jump into the “types” of coffee makers. A quick search on google reveals a whole bunch of them. There is the regular pot, french press, single serve, grinder/brewer, percolator, espresso maker, and the list goes on the on. Confused, don’t worry, you’re not alone!!
Luckily, the folks at Everyday Good Thinking provided a very useful and easy to follow guide. It clearly outlines the number of cups, how to operate and the name of different coffee makers out there.
This should allow you to narrow down your choices to the correct “type” of coffee maker that will work out for you and fulfil your coffee brewing needs.
With this knowledge you are ready to create that elusive perfect cup of coffee.
Image courtesy everydaygoodthinking.com
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Note: Box model name is K55 but product inside contains K40 model.
- Electric water kettle with 1.0-liter capacity and 1500 watts of power for fast results (120V ~60Hz)
- Cordless design allows for easy filling and serving; power base with 30-inch power cord for flexible placement, plus cord wrap for compact storage
- Concealed heating element; BPA-free food-contact materials; removable filter for easy cleaning
- Automatic shutoff with boil-dry protection for safety and peace of mind; water window for precise filling and checking levels at a glance
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill-no more overflows
- LARGE 80oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the K575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night.
- MULTIPLE K-CUP POD BREW SIZES: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.). Brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (Carafe sold separately)
- STRENGTH CONTROL: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature. HOT WATER ON DEMAND: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water.
- EXTRA-LARGE COLOR TOUCH SCREEN: A digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy.
- New and improved filter with fine mesh
- Makes 8 Servings
- BPA Free
- Non-slip silicone handle
- Made in the USA