The Nintendo Switch has been out for a while now. While there were a bunch of accessories that came out with it on launch day, there have been a whole lot more released since then. Here are the top items you should consider when shopping for accessories that will supercharge your Nintendo Switch.
To begin with, we’re going to with an accessory, that isn’t exactly the most fun, but it is very, very good to have on hand. A scratch-proof case and a screen protector for your Nintendo Switch. These should cover the entire console to ensure that no damage can be done to the console. They should leave openings for all the important things, like your kickstand, vents, and still leave the Joy-Cons separate, so you can detach them, while they’re still covered and protected.
Now, if you are the kind of person who just likes to take really good care of their stuff and keep them nice and safe, especially if you have slippery hands or when you know that your console will be used by kids, having a hard case cover and a screen protector becomes an absolute must-have. This will keep your console in mint condition and prolong it’s life (free savings tip!!).
So, instead of getting the flimsy official screen protector, you will need something that is made out of tempered glass. Not only are tempered glass screen protectors are significantly stronger than those made out of plastic, they’re also easier to install.
Next up, is a different controller grip for your Joy-Cons.
Despite being comfortable to the grip, the Joy-Cons still could use a lot of improvement when it comes to having the Joy-Cons feel more like actual controllers. These Joy-Con grips will do the trick for cheap. The grips come in different colors (black, red, blue, white, etc.), allowing them to match your controllers no matter which color Joy-Cons you own.
Even if you’re using the included wrist straps, the Switch’s Joy-Cons can be a bit small for some hands and can get pretty slippery. Some even found them to be a bit small for their hands. Getting a couple of gel guards for your Joy-Cons will help eliminate these problems. These gel guards will coat your tiny controllers with a soft and durable non-slip surface. This improves grip of the Joy-Cons and adds a little bit of girth to them. Like the Joy-Con grips, the gel guard skin comes in differnet colors (black, red, blue, etc.) so that you can match them with your Joy-Cons.
Now, the Switch has been a huge success for the most part, but since its launch, people have complained about one major problem with its core design. The built-in kickstand is absolutely terrible and while it’s in kickstand mode, there is no way to comfortably charge the system, since the port is on the bottom. To avoid getting a tablet stand, the new HORI stand solves this problem. It helps hoist the system up in a much better way, than the kickstand would. It leaves places open for you to charge it and best of all, these stands are collapsible, in case you’re on the go and want to take the Nintendo Switch with you.
The Nintendo Switch is rarely used in docked mode, except maybe for a multiplayer Mario Kart. This makes the significantly impacts the battery life on the Nintendo Switch as it only lasts for only about two and a half to three hours.
An extra battery bank and/or a USB-C car charger will significantly extend your game play and even allow to use your Nintendo switch on long road trips. In addition, having an extra power supply will come in handy as you will not need to unhook the one from the dock every time you leave. You will find out that these 3 thing are well worth the money and will allow to transform your Nintendo Switch into a real portable console.
To be fully portable, you need a Backpack or Console bag that will allow you to carry everything you need. This should include the Nintendo Switch console, the dock, cables, the Joy-Cons, additional Joy-Cons, games, and maybe a laptop.
In addition to fitting everything inside of it, your Nintendo Switch transport medium should keep everything in place using well built velcro straps as you don’t want things to be bouncing around while you are on the move.
Having a spotty Wi-Fi connection can greatly reduce your gaming experience (defeat by lag). Hori’s Wired Internet LAN Adapter is essential. This adapter will allow you to connect an Ethernet cable to your Switch. Now you can focus on your game play and avoid a gg due to your Wi-Fi connection.
The Nintendo Switch comes with a 32 GB interanl memory. You might think that’s enough, but with microSD cards being cheap, it is a good idea to get yourself a 64 GB or even a 128 GB one. Helps you avoid deleting games when you need more space
For your convenience, I have included below some links to some of the products referenced in this post. So feel free to check them out.
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Specifically designed for Nintendo Switch
- Ultra-clear High Definition with 99.9% transparency to allow an optimal, natural viewing experience
- Ultra thin-0.3mm thickness is reliable and resilient, and promises full compatibility with touchscreen sensitivity
- Highly durable, and scratch resistant - surface hardness 9H and topped with oleophobic coating to reduce fingerprints.
- Includes: 2x GLASS Screen Protector, Wet Wipes, Micro-Fiber Cleaning Cloth, Squeeze Card, Easy Installation Use Guide, Hinge Stickers
- Charges up to 4 Joy-Con Controllers simultaneously
- Individual LEDs indicate charge level for each Joy-Con
- Easy slide-in design connects each Joy-Con to charger
- Weighted base for stability
- Powered via USB
- Officially Licensed by Nintendo
- Play while charging in angled stand
- Folds up for portability
- Adjustable angle
- Rubberized Grips for stability
- Designed to make your new Nintendo Switch Console even more portable & travel friendly
- Fits the Nintendo Switch tablet with both its Joy-Con controllers attached to it, and the upper section features a separate inner pocket which can fit extra JoyCons, Cables, Games, and other smaller but essential accessories. (Please note this cannot accommodate larger items like the dock or pro-controllers)
- Hard EVA shell keeps your device protected while the soft inner material keeps your device free from scratches
- Perfect carry case for keeping your Nintendo Switch securely stored when travelling or when not in use
- Designed specifically for the Nintendo Switch. For our full range of Nintendo Switch accessories, search 'ORZLY SWITCH' in the Amazon search bar (above)
- High Quality Case - High Quality Durable hard shell Protect your Nintendo Switch Console free from scratches. A Hook&Loop secures the Nintendo Switch inside the case (We have replaced two elastic straps with a Tab,It is a lot easier to put in and take out the Switch with a Tab), make your switch more stable and convenient when you're traveling or not using
- Unique Zipper Head Design - We use High Quality Nylon Zipper Head, not like the other Nintendo Switch case's Iron Zipper Head will scratch your precious switch（We show this contrast in the 5th picture）. Zipper ensures your small items do not fall out
- Large Storage - A large zippered mesh pocket provides secure storage room for some small Nintendo Switch accessories like small Charger, charging cable, slim power bank, ear buds, and 2 extra Joy-Cons, Easier to Close and Easier to Carry. It also build with 20 game card slots, allowing you to carry and change your favorite games anytime & anywhere
- Multiple Protection - Our Switch Carry case is big inside but small outside. There is absolutely strong enough for plenty of daily protection. Designed to make your new Nintendo Switch Console even more portable & travel friendly
- Service - We offer free replacement or full refund if you are not fully satisfied with our case, Hestia Goods adhere to the high-quality products and services for the purpose
- Insert a Joy‑Con into this accessory to feel like you're behind the wheel in your favorite racing game.
- Includes 2 Joy-Con Wheels
- Joy‑Con controllers not included.
- Material: Plastic
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Ergonomic design provides superior grip and enhanced comfort. Allow you to play for those extended, high-stress gaming sessions. Grab control and elevate your game with the FastSnail Grip Kit. (No include Switch Console and Joy-con.)
- EASY TO OPERATION - Very easy to slip on and off without having to deal with any cumbersome latch mechanism.
- ONE MODEL FOR BOTH SIDES - Since it is a dedicated design, operation of each terminal and button can be convenient while keeping the case attached.
- PROTECTION - Since it is a special cover, it can protect your Controller firmly from scratches and dirt.
- GOOD MATERIAL - Made of high quality material, attractive appearance, touch is the best.
- Nintendo-licensed memory card for the Nintendo Switch system
- Instantly add up to 128GB* of additional space
- Transfer rates up to 100MB/s1 to load games fast
- Store digital games and additional content in one place to play anywhere
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Specifically designed for Nintendo Switch 2017
- Made with flexible TPU to offer Full Protection all around the device and protect your device from everyday bumps, scratches, dust and fingerprints
- Ergonomic Case can give you a comfortable experience and easy to grip
- Access to all the controls and features without taking your Nintendo Switch out of the case
- Super sturdy and Easy to Carry; Lifetime warranty from JETech
- Modern, durable backpack provides complete storage and transportation for your Nintendo Switch system
- Spacious design fits console, 6 extra Joy Cons, dock, cables, games, headphones, pro controller and personal accessories
- Internal pockets are screen-printed with icons to clearly show what accessories go in which pocket
- Padded straps and carry handle make it easy to use and transport
- Officially licensed by Nintendo