Bringing the best you like in Amazon Alexa into your Car. Without spending $30K on a new one.
After last month’s exciting BMW announcement, I started thinking that we will need to wait until June/July of 2018 to see how Amazon Alexa integrates into my car. Then it dawned upon me, it could be even further than that as the first model release kinks and quirks are ironed out and the feature has been thoroughly reviewed.
— Sytner BMW (@SytnerBMW) October 1, 2017
And ya .. I just realized that I will need to buy a new BMW too.
With all hope gone of using Amazon Alexa in my car, the twitterverse brought back some hope with this announcement from CNN Tech:
— CNN Tech (@cnntech) October 18, 2017
The new Garmin Speak has a built-in Alexa in it. Being able to use the existing sound system in your car to do a tone of things, like listening to music and audiobooks to finding out the latest breaking news and tracking weather conditions, makes the Garmin Speak very easy to install, operate, and even transfer to another car.
Simply place it on your windscreen, connect it to a power outlet, set it up on your car’s Bluetooth (or use an auxiliary audio port) and you are good to go.
The Garmin Speak has an integrated LED ring that tells you when Alexa is activated before our voice, and also a small OLED screen with the basic navigation instructions to know where to turn and continue with our route.
In addition to the functions that Alexa is able to perform with voice, like play music/audio book and get latest weather report, the Garmin Speak also supports the Alexa Skills Store, which is basically an add-on shop from which the user can install new apps and integrate Alexa with other services and products.
With ease of installation, familiarity of operation, virtually no waiting time (other than shipping), and for around a fraction of the cost of a new BMW, the Garmin Speak is the next natural extension in your home automation journey.
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Built-in dash cam records your drive and provides driver assistance features such as forward collision and lane departure warnings
- Use Garmin turn-by-turn navigation by saying, "Alexa, ask Garmin ... "
- Ask Alexa to create to-do lists, check your calendar or weather/traffic, control smart home devices and entertain passengers with interactive games
- The Garmin Speak app works with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone and a suitable cellular data connection; use your phone's Bluetooth or an AUX cable to stream Alexa responses, including music, right through your car stereo
- Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps.
- Compatible with Speak, Speak Plus, Dash Cam 45, 55 and 65W
- Access your compatible device while navigating in your vehicle with this portable mini suction cup mount
- Simply suction the mount to the windshield for easy viewing
- Alexa Inside: Amazon's voice service gives you complete voice control in your car. Just say the word to get directions, listen to audiobooks from Audible, shop online, play music, and more over Bluetooth, Carplay, Android Auto, or an Aux in connection. What You Get: Roav VIVA, Manual, Quick Guide, Happy Card, Skills Cards, 12-month warranty and our friendly customer service. (Please note: Spotify is not supported.)
- High-Speed Charging: Dual charging ports equipped with Anker's exclusive PowerIQ technology deliver blazing charging speeds to both driver and passenger. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
- Tap To Mute: Just touch the button and VIVA will turn off the mics.
- Voice Isolation: 2 integrated microphones provide noise cancellation and accurate voice identification.
- Note: Please check the dimensions of the space surrounding your car's cigarette lighter to see if VIVA will fit before purchasing. If your VIVA cannot be plugged in or has Bluetooth connection issues, return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchasing. Please check the list of unsuitable car models VIVA is incompatible with in the User Guide found in the Technical Specifications section below. If you have other issues, contact us via Live Chat in the app.
- Replacement mount
- Fits Garmin Dash Cam(TM) 45, 55 & 65W, Garmin Speak(TM) Plus with Amazon(R) Alexa(TM) & Garmin Speak(TM) with Amazon(R) Alexa(TM)
- Includes magnetic disk & adhesive material
- Place on a table or counter and easily adjust Echo Spot's viewing angle
- Quick and secure magnetic attachment to Echo Spot
- Available in two colors
- Garmin AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full Garmin USA WARRANTY
- Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa (010-01862-01)
- Everything you love from Amazon Alexa right in your car!
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa | Low-profile Magnetic Mount | Vehicle Power Cable | Quick-Start Manual | Authorized USA Dealer
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa | Dual DC12V/24V Electronic Multi-functions Car Socket Cigarette Lighter USB Ports | Universal Weighted GPS Navigation Dash-Mount
- Smartphone windshield/dashboard car mount: Keeps your smartphone within sight, minimizing distractions while driving
- Mounts easily: Attach and remove it with a single twist
- One-touch magnetic coupling: Instantly secures your phone to the car mount without fumbling with extra latches or connectors
- Smartphone Universal Adapter: Mount connects to virtually any smartphone or phone case
- Garmin International
- ✔︎ Over 30,000 voice skills in your car, including news briefings, weather, games like Jeopardy!, smart home controls, shopping, to-dos, restaurant delivery, finance and more.
- ✔︎ Easy installation and compatible with more vehicles! Muse Auto connects to your car's existing stereo system via Bluetooth, USB, or an Aux input.
- ✔︎ Control smart home IoT devices including garage door, lights, locks, thermostats, and more from the convenience of the car.
- Requirements: Smartphone with data plan and free companion app always required for use. Cannot be used concurrently with other music apps or car radio.
- Compatibility: Supports Android 6.0 and higher, and iOS 10 and higher. OnePlus One, Samsung S5, Note 4 and older Samsung phones are currently not supported.
- Echo Sub delivers down-firing, 100W deep bass sound through a 6" woofer.
- Pair with one Echo or Echo Plus (sold separately) to enjoy dynamic music that fills the room.
- Pair with two of the same Echo devices for rich left/right stereo sound.
- Simple to set up and use-just plug in, open the Alexa app, and wirelessly connect to your Echo device(s) to control music with your voice.