Bringing the best you like in Amazon Alexa into your Car. Without spending $30K on a new one.
After last month’s exciting BMW announcement, I started thinking that we will need to wait until June/July of 2018 to see how Amazon Alexa integrates into my car. Then it dawned upon me, it could be even further than that as the first model release kinks and quirks are ironed out and the feature has been thoroughly reviewed.
— Sytner BMW (@SytnerBMW) October 1, 2017
And ya .. I just realized that I will need to buy a new BMW too.
With all hope gone of using Amazon Alexa in my car, the twitterverse brought back some hope with this announcement from CNN Tech:
— CNN Tech (@cnntech) October 18, 2017
The new Garmin Speak has a built-in Alexa in it. Being able to use the existing sound system in your car to do a tone of things, like listening to music and audiobooks to finding out the latest breaking news and tracking weather conditions, makes the Garmin Speak very easy to install, operate, and even transfer to another car.
Simply place it on your windscreen, connect it to a power outlet, set it up on your car’s Bluetooth (or use an auxiliary audio port) and you are good to go.
The Garmin Speak has an integrated LED ring that tells you when Alexa is activated before our voice, and also a small OLED screen with the basic navigation instructions to know where to turn and continue with our route.
In addition to the functions that Alexa is able to perform with voice, like play music/audio book and get latest weather report, the Garmin Speak also supports the Alexa Skills Store, which is basically an add-on shop from which the user can install new apps and integrate Alexa with other services and products.
With ease of installation, familiarity of operation, virtually no waiting time (other than shipping), and for around a fraction of the cost of a new BMW, the Garmin Speak is the next natural extension in your home automation journey.
We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you know, K-101.com may collect a commission on sales from the links on this page (read more here).
- Ask Alexa in your car to play music from Amazon Music, Pandora, Sirius XM and more; Additional streaming services, such as Spotify, are expected to be added as available
- Ask Alexa to create to-do lists, play games, check your calendar, weather/traffic and control smart home devices
- The Garmin Speak app works with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone relying on a suitable cellular data connection; Use your phone's Bluetooth or an AUX cable to hear audio through your car stereo
- Garmin Speak will continue to get smarter as new features and skills are available through automatic updates
- Use Garmin turn-by-turn navigation by saying, "Alexa, ask Garmin ... " Garmin Speak is only supported in the U.S.
- Alexa Inside: Amazon's voice service gives you complete voice control in your car. Just say the word to get directions, listen to audiobooks from Audible, shop online, play music, and more over Bluetooth, Carplay, Android Auto, or an Aux in connection. Spotify feature will be added as soon as third party support is available. Updates will be posted here.What You Get: Roav VIVA, Manual, Quick Guide, Happy Card, Skills Cards, 12-month warranty and our friendly customer service.
- High-Speed Charging: Dual charging ports equipped with Anker's exclusive PowerIQ technology deliver blazing charging speeds to both driver and passenger. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
- Tap To Mute: Just hit the button to effortlessly mute and unmute the microphones, so Alexa is only listening when you want her to be.
- Note: Please check your car's outlet before purchasing. If your VIVA cannot be plugged in or has connection issues with your car, return it for a full refund in 30 days. Please check the list of unsuitable car models below. If you have other issues, contact us via Live Chat in the app. May have compatibility issues playing media via Bluetooth with Doge Caravan. Try connecting your phone to your car via CarPlay/Android Auto/Aux in.
- Compatible with Speak, Speak Plus, Dash Cam 45, 55 and 65W
- Access your compatible device while navigating in your vehicle with this portable mini suction cup mount
- Simply suction the mount to the windshield for easy viewing
- Replacement mount
- Fits Garmin Dash Cam(TM) 45, 55 & 65W, Garmin Speak(TM) Plus with Amazon(R) Alexa(TM) & Garmin Speak(TM) with Amazon(R) Alexa(TM)
- Includes magnetic disk & adhesive material
- Garmin International
- ✔︎ Over 30,000 voice skills in your car, including news briefings, weather, games like Jeopardy!, smart home controls, shopping, to-dos, restaurant delivery, finance and more.
- ✔︎ Easy installation and compatible with more vehicles! Muse Auto connects to your car's existing stereo system via Bluetooth, USB, or an Aux input.
- ✔︎ Control smart home IoT devices including garage door, lights, locks, thermostats, and more from the convenience of the car.
- Requirements: Amazon account. Smartphone with data plan and free companion app always required for use. Cannot be used concurrently with other music apps or car radio.
- Compatibility: Supports Android 6.0 and higher, and iOS 10 and higher. OnePlus One, Samsung S5, Note 4 and older Samsung phones are currently not supported.
- MULTI-POINT ACCESS:Built-in microphone and built-in high performance stereo audio codec; Echo and noise canceling technology supplies high quality call communications
- AVRCP TECHNOLOGY: for easy-to-use music controls; Music player controls, play, pause, previous song, next song; Talking controls: answer and reject calls, a private call feature is available
- MAGNETIC MOUNTING DISK:The disk adheres to any part of your vehicle with 3M adhesive and allows you to magnetically attach the controller and remove it when needed. Bluetooth 4.0 technology fully backward compatible for high-speed transmission and low power consumption
- CONVENIENT WAY TO ADD BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONALITY TO YOUR CAR: which in turn lets you wirelessly stream music, make hands-free calls, talk to assistants like Google Now or Siri, and the like. (Provided you have an aux-in port.) this kit provides a simple solution for answering and receiving phone calls and streaming music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphones while on the go
- FORBES RECOMMEND:Hands-Free Phone Calls And Crystal Clear Music At A Price That's Music To Your Ears
- 【SAFE PHONE CALLS】 Plug & pair. Enjoy hands-free phone calls,crystal clear music from phone via the latest Bluetooth 4.1 technology in this stereo Bluetooth receiver for car.
- 【AUX PORT ONLY】Route audio through the 3.5mm AUX input to Stereo while listening to music and dealing with phone calls. Make sure that your car equips with aux input, otherwise cannot be used.
- 【EASY SETUP EASY USE】Time to get rid of Bluetooth car adapter with numerous buttons. Reiie Bluetooth adapter owns the unique 1-button makes everything simple. Playing, pausing, previous or next songs,answering or rejecting calls.
- 【DUAL CONNECTION】Reiie Bluetooth stereo receiver for car is designed to connect with 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously, allowing answering phone calls and playing music from either one.
- 【100% SATISFACTION】We are pleasure to provide full satisfaction with our REIIE Bluetooth Car Kit. Offer 30 days guarantee, 1 year warranty and friendly customer support. Buy it with confidence!
- Smartphone windshield/dashboard car mount: Keeps your smartphone within sight, minimizing distractions while driving
- Mounts easily: Attach and remove it with a single twist
- One-touch magnetic coupling: Instantly secures your phone to the car mount without fumbling with extra latches or connectors
- Smartphone Universal Adapter: Mount connects to virtually any smartphone or phone case
- ZEROTOUCH: Your hands-free, in-car connectivity solution to your digital world
- HANDS-FREE: Text, Calling, Chat, Music, Navigation, Email, Calendar, and Alexa
- JUST ASK ALEXA: High-five to activate your phone, then speak to Alexa as you normally would. ZeroTouch supports all Alexa skills except Alexa calling and messaging and full music functionality. Amazon Music works via Alexa with the wake word "Alexa".
- VOICE AND GESTURE INTERFACE: Control your phone with a high-five and your voice. For Alexa skills, simply high-five and say "Alexa,..."
- MAGNETIC CAR MOUNT: Place your phone on the mount to automatically launch the hands-free ZeroTouch app